For this opportunity to begin again,
to not only start a brand new year, but to enter a season of post-graduation and fresh adulthood, God has placed on my heart this passage.
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!” Isaiah 6:8.
In this season, I am anxious to watch God unfold his plans for me. This is good news. I have realized I am no longer in search of my “calling”, or whatever it is I am supposed to do with my life. However, I am on a constant, life-long journey of understanding the person God has created me to be. In all circumstances. In every season. The daughter of Christ who follows Him in my workplace, in my community, in everything. The joy of walking with Christ is not about the destination. It is about the joy that comes from Him as he guides me along. This may not be comfortable… but I am simply desperate for his presence in this season and Jesus never lived comfortably or simply. Another phrase that sums up this next season of life is
Go on an ADVENTURE.
I want to live my life for the glory of His. I want to go to God and say, “whatever it takes. I am yours.” God this is not my year. This is your year. There is bountiful goodness in the adventure of walking with the Lord. For this 2016 year, there have been a couple ideas floating on my heart.
- For my ear to be more open to His voice.
- To not compromise because being comfortable is easier. Do the scary things.
- “To no longer settle for what is good, but search for what is God” (Albert Tate, Fellowship Monrovia).
- To be drawn toward his presence. For there is goodness.
I cannot wait:
- To be more active and get myself outdoors way more often.
- To build up the community of friends around me- to grow deeper with the friends I have and build new relationships.
- To read more books! More and more books! During college, it was hard to want to read books for fun and I CANNOT WAIT to push myself and read more. It’s January Fourth and I already have one down! Follow me on Goodreads to keep me accountable– I want to read at least 3 books a month.
I want to keep this list short for a reason. As my mother has been telling me these past couple of days, these are not resolutions, these are habits. They are habits I want to introduce to my life, not just goals to reach and then let them fall to the side.
2015 was a great year. I grew in ways I never thought possible and worked harder than ever before. Through the trials and struggles, God did some pretty great things and I am ever thankful. 2016 is going to be AWESOME and I simply cannot wait to enjoy the ride.
Open the eyes of my heart, Lord. I want to see you.